maandag 8 juni 2015

Dried flowers

I have to keep busy, so I decided to start a new hobby. 
I am drying flowers so I can use them as a decoration for card and on/in my notebooks.
It is really easy to do, so let me explain it to you:

The long way:

  • Choose the flower you really like, obviously :)
  • Divide the flowers, so you get a nice bunch of flowers.
  • Bind the flowers together.
  • Hang the flowers upside down and let them dry for 2-4 weeks.

The short cut:
  • Choose the flower you really like.
  • Put the flower between a folded paper.
  • Put them under some heavy books.
  • Let them dry under the books for 3-4 days.

I hope you like to dry flowers just as much as I do :)  Maybe you can share some of your dried flowers with me!
These flowers I dried myself.
I dried the flowers by following
the steps from the short cut :)


These flowers I copied from the Freepeople Blog.
Just because I really like their blog and
I liked all the flowers they dried.
I hope you don't mind that this isn't my picture :)

6 opmerkingen:

  1. I used to do this when I was little! I might have to start again, they always look so lovely when displayed

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My mother dries flowers under books quite often, except she puts them IN the books and then forgets about them, haha. So, once in a while, you will page through one of the books and come across some little dried spring and summer mementos.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Amazing post dear'

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love this! Now that it's summer..there's a lot of colorful flowers everywhere. I think I'm going to start this hobby too!

    Valerie | Even The Smallest

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. aw I hope will love doing it, as much as I do.
    And all youre blogs are amazing. I love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. aww your flowers are sooo pretty...when i was younger i used to do that,i think for a project on my school!It was so fun ^_^

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty135 | Bloglovin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen